Friday, November 13, 2009

New Chapter

I really cannot believe that as of tomorrow at 1:00pm I will be unemployed. I am not only losing the job I love, but I am losing my second family. We are a band of sisters who have been through births, deaths, marriages that struggled to hold on and ones that couldn't. We've carried each other when we couldn't go on. We've fought, laughed and cried together. I love them.

This has been a very hard 6 weeks. But I am looking forward to the next phase of my life. I can't wait to taste the grapes as my manna is disappearing. The silver lining is that I hope to have the opportunity to do the thing I was created to do. I love teaching. I love seeing those little eyes light up when they've done something they thought they couldn't. Being a teacher comes as easy to me as breathing. I'm praying that the right teaching job will come at the perfect time.

Tomorrow afternoon I step out into the unknown, the uncomfortable, the uncertain. As we lock the doors for the last time, I will look back with unimaginable sadness but with a knowing that God has something amazing in store for me. I believe that. I revel in my unshakable faith that something great is about to happen in my life. It's been brewing for a year in my soul. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment