Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

2012 just couldn't have started out better. For that matter, 2011 couldn't have ended better. Our dearest friends, The Merrill's, came to celebrate. Not only did they come, but THEY STAYED! That's right. We had overnight guests. Not as much guests as family, but we had company. Oh how much fun we had! I love them so much! This morning we all woke up, had cinnamon rolls, oranges and coffee. We sat at the table and I gave a well rehearsed sermonette based on Psalm 46:10. This passage reminds us to be still in the midst of trials. Although I pray that the new year is a little kinder to us than the last, I am planning on putting this verse into action. Even in the midst of the good times, I plan on taking more time to just be still and listen to what the Lord has to say. We theme our year, and this year is no different. 2012 will be
THE YEAR OF HEALTH AND SIMPLICITY.
Speaking of plans, here is a list of goals I have set for myself:
1. Enjoy a quieter life. (If you ask me to do something and I say no, don't be offended. Blame the New Year's Goals.)
2. Tackle the paper clutter. (This is a life long struggle, but if I have no goal I have nothing to strive for.)
3. Get organized and stay organized.( I know, I know. Whatever.)
4. Blog more.( I say that every year, but this time I mean it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment