Wednesday, January 20, 2010

One year

One year can make a real difference. One year ago today, President GW Bush left office. I never fully agreed with each and everything thing he did, but he DID keep my family safe. His love for our country cannot be disputed. His resolve was unbending. I want to thank him for never giving in, never giving up and never forgetting why. As he and Laura flew over Washington one last time, a feeling of dread fell over me. I felt less safe. I could feel the "change" in the air.

One year later my fellow citizens have said enough is enough. The federal government has tried to take over our country. The people who we sent to represent us have forgotten who they work for. Power hungry men and women have abandoned the very foundational principles of our country. Last night, the people of Massachusetts said no more as they elected Scott Brown. In my lifetime there has never been a republican senator from the blue state of Massachusetts. The super majority is over. That's the hope I can believe in.

1 comment: