Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Get to work!

I can't stand the word lazy. It sounds so drawn out and worthless. I've been watching our neighbors get a new roof for 3 days now. They have 8 guys and they still aren't done. Last week we had only two, very hard working guys do more than half our roof in less than 5 hours. I can spot the lazy workers across the street who are bringing the whole team down. I don't think they know that we can hear every conversation they have. Maybe they should work more and talk less.

I wish I could say that I'm never lazy. I like to think of myself as a hard worker. To be honest, I was more energetic before I had kids. They drain the life right out of me. I love them, but they're harder than roofing. I can say that because I actually roofed last week. I guess I blame my occasional lack of energy (a.k.a. laziness) on them. Shouldn't, but I do.

You don't do the work, you don't get the pay. Used to be the American way, now it's: Don't work, let someone else do it for you and expect everyone to take care of you. LAZINESS. So, that's my outrage for today.

1 comment:

  1. Our neighbor had her house painted last month. She decided that since she had the money & people needed the work...she'd get a good deal & help some people out.

    The workers kept complaining about everything! She finally went out & said "you should be happy to have a job in this economy" Coming from a sweet 80 y.o. woman...that shut em up!

    Bad attitudes can keep us from excellence.

    ReplyDelete